Welcome To R.I.S.E.
The Mayor’s Office of Re-Integration Services for Ex-offenders (RISE) is the lead agency in the City for the management of reintegration services for the formerly incarcerated back into society. At RISE we know that people who receive the skills and training and education necessary to complete in the formal economy are far less likely to participate in criminal activity.
The Mayor’s Office of Re-Integration Services for Ex-offenders (RISE) mission is to:
Improve public safety and the re-entry process for the formerly incarcerated enabling them to become responsible and productive Philadelphians by addressing barriers that impede their fair chance for success. RISE has established the following goals:
- To act as an umbrella organization for local ex-offender re-entry programs and initiatives.
- Establish a strong network of organizations to promote community-wide collaboration.
- Assist in setting standards for organizations providing services to the formerly incarcerated.
- Act as a clearing house of information and conduit for funding opportunities.
- To provide training for both professionals and volunteers and assist with program development.