Step 1: NA
Step 2: Sign agreement
- Either during PREP orientation prior to leaving prison or during RISE, or RISE approved. in-take process individual executes an Agreement with the City of Philadelphia.
- Individuals should contact RISE. at 215-683-3370 to schedule a time to go through the in-take process. RISE has walk-in hours available Monday – Wednesday 9:00am – 12:00pm for individuals seeking services.
- Should the individual not wish to participate in PREP, he/she must sign a document indicating their understanding that should they become employed by a business or non-profit that has an Agreement with the Revenue Department or RISE., respectively, these entities will not be eligible to apply for a tax credit through PREP for employing them.
- Develop a resume, take a Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and complete Job Readiness Training
Step 3: NA
Step 4: Secure employment
- Apply, interview and receive offer of employment from a business or non-profit that has an Agreement with the Revenue Department or RIS., respectively.
- Verify with RISE business or non-profit has Agreement.
- Begins work.
Step 5: NA