Job Readiness Training (JRT) is a three week course held at RISE Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
The object of Job Readiness Training (JRT) is to provide Returning Citizens with the tools necessary to compete in today job market. Our goal is to teach them the latest and most innovative ways to secure employment with the ultimate goal being to create legitimate income and reduce recidivism.
Job Readiness (JRT) is a structured 3 week course. Over the course of three weeks we introduce various aspect of “job hunting” in the 21st Century. Some of the topics covered are:
- Developing an elevator speech/30 second presentation
- Behavioral vs. Traditional Interview Questions
- Addressing questions regarding criminal backgrounds
- Dressing properly for the interview
- How to conduct yourself at job fairs and other employment events
- Legal matters regarding ex-offender job search
- Job hunting on the internet (Job boards, Social Media, Email addresses etc)
- Resume writing
- Preparing a cover Letter
- Interview follow-up
- Employer Expectations, Job retention
- Continuing Education
For more details, please contact the RISE office.